Thursday, January 29, 2009

seasons change, but people don't




The semester is getting off a slow start. A really slow start, but I guess I can't complain because last semester I was in way over my head and was busy 24/7 (yet still somehow managed to have a social life hah). This means that I've had to chance to get a solid start on my training for road season. Maybe I'm still somewhat enthusiastic about sitting on the trainer because I don't have literally hundreds and hundreds of hours of it under my belt like some people who have been doing this for years. Either way, I can't wait. It's really nice to have a long term goal to look forward to, and I can't wait to ride outside again. Yeah! I'm just worried that the work is going to slap me in the face as soon as road season starts and then I'll be screwed and be killing myself to finish work before we leave for the weekend or (not ideal at all) have to work on homework somehow in the hotels. 

Yesterday UNH had a snow day (for some reason I didn't think Universities closed because of snow, but I guess with the amount of commuters we have it makes sense) and I had an adventure with Tricia. She taught me how to cross country ski (classic) at Kingman Farm and it was so much fun and a whole lot easier than I thought it was going to be :) I love any opportunity to be outside when I'm not freezing my ass off. 

PS. Yes, I am rocking the lab glasses in that picture because I am just that cool.

No comments: