Thursday, December 11, 2008

Isn't that a song already?

Highlight of my stay here in Durham, NH:
The rain that has been falling all day started freezing around 4:00. When Becky, Annie, and I were walking out of the MUB from the dining hall, we were going to take the ramp as usual but there was a big sign on the door that said "Ramp iced over, DO NOT USE"... so naturally, we went ahead anyway.

It was quite a funny sight. People were attempting to climb up the ramp by clinging onto the bars and failing miserably. While they were struggling, we were flying by as people laughed at our childish exclaims of happiness. We got to the bottom and Annie and I screamed in unison "I wanna do it again!"

The not-so-fun part comes just five minutes ago when I would have been better off using an ice pick to get to top of the hill at the library. 
[...]
Some time has elapsed since I started writing this, and now I'm back from the library in the comfort of my own dorm in my sweet pants (phrase borrowed from Ryan) thanking god that my group actually got their act together and now I can relax for the first time since Saturday and watch The Office! :D

It's the simple things in life :')